What information do we collect?
Company collects the personal information needed to provide Company Services and for our business operations. If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require. The following are the main types of personal information collected by Company and the main purposes for which they are collected. Registration Information is the information you provide to Company in the course of registering for or acquiring a Company Service, for example, to create an account, become a subscriber, become an advertiser, post comments, receive a newsletter, or enter a competition. Registration Information may include, for example, name, delivery or postal address, email address, gender and birthday. It includes additional information which you provide to Company in the course of that relationship. Where possible you may have the option of interacting with us anonymously (for example when browsing our digital products as a casual user) or using a pseudonym. We will usually make it clear whenever this is an option.
Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the Company Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, tweets, status, profile information and picture(s). Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
Activity Information – cookies and other technologies. When you access and interact with the Company Services, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Company Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Company Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies and local storage, pixel beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data or code that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so that such websites, apps and other services can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of the Company Services and other websites you have visited.
Third parties that support the Company Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate Company Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. Company does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties using such technologies. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “privacy-policy” section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Company Services.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as commercially available sources and data providers, as well as information from our business partners or related and affiliated companies in Australia or internationally.
Company also collects personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents and corporate customers. Generally, if appropriate, we will state why we are collecting personal information when we collect it and how we plan to use it, or these things will be obvious when we collect the information.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the Company Services and features to you, including: to measure and improve those Company Services and features; to improve your experience with both online and off-line Company Services by delivering content Company believes you are likely to find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; to allow you to comment on content, and participate in games, competitions, or rewards programs; to provide you with customer support and to respond to inquiries. When you are not reasonably identifiable in relation to the information collected from or about you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties. We may also de-identify the information we collect about you so that we can use and disclose it without using or revealing any personal information about you.
We use the information we collect from and about you for these additional purposes:
- To provide Company Services to you. Company will use your information to provide Company Services to you, to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services (for example billing, credit and account management), to enter into contracts with you or third parties and for marketing and client relationship purposes. Where your information is contained within an advertisement which Company publishes for you, Company may also use your information for publication of that same advertisement in other media, in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the initial publication of the advertisement. We may also use your information to improve Company Services including through research and data analysis by us and our service providers. We may use and disclose your personal information in other ways expressly disclosed at the point of collection. If you are a competition winner we may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms.
- To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing the Company Services and to continue to provide the Watch NRL service. Company may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers, such as providers of data cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection services and direct marketing services, who privacy-policy us manage or provide the Company Services or provide Company with related services. These third parties may be located in a range of different countries including the United Kingdom, United States of America and Singapore. Company generally requires these service and content providers to comply with relevant privacy laws and not to use personal information which Company provides for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to you and/or Company.
If Company ceases to provide the Watch NRL service, we may make your information available to the new third party Watch NRL service and content providers so that these providers can continue to provide you with the Watch NRL service.
- To deliver relevant advertisements. Company and our advertisers may use the information we collect from and about you to deliver relevant ads to you when you use the Company Services or another service. Please refer to Section 6 below for information about your choices in connection with the advertisements you see when using the Company Services.
- To contact you. Company may periodically send promotional materials or notifications which it believes might be of interest to you. Promotional materials may include invitations to participate in various activities (such as customer surveys) or special offers.
- To share with business partners. Where you have expressly consented to this, Company may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If Company sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Company may transfer or disclose your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction and as part of any due diligence processes which take place in contemplation of a potential transaction.
How do we protect your information?
Company uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
How can you access your information?
If you would like to access, review, correct or update your personal information, you may contact us as outlined in section 7 of this policy. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. We will need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your request. We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If we deny access in any circumstances we will generally tell you why.
How can you opt out?
You can block or delete cookies through your browser settings but be aware that if you do this you may not be able to continue to receive some Company Services. In addition, this may not be sufficient to block or opt-out of all activities which track the usage of a device or which deliver targeted content. If you wish to obtain more information about how your previous usage of the Internet may be used to determine the ads that you see when you use the Company Services, go to www.youronlinechoices.com.au. To opt out of receiving this type of advertising go to www.youronlinechoices.com.au/opt-out.
If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can change your account settings or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or text message. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
If you have linked any of your social media accounts to your account for any Company Services, you can cancel that link by changing your account settings.
If you need any assistance with changing your account settings, please call Company.
Other important information for you
Location of Data. Some of the Company Services are hosted in and managed outside of Australia and in dealing with Company, you consent to having any personal information accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia.
Complaint. If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy laws, you may complain to us by contacting us as outlined in section 8 below. When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 business days, by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we are in breach. We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
How you can contact us
Mail: Privacy Officer, FOX SPORTS, Locked Bag 9000 Crows Nest 1585
List of included companies
FOX SPORTS Australia Pty Limited (ACN 065 445 418)
FOX SPORTS Venues Pty Limited (ACN 110 803 944)
Sport by Numbers Pty Limited (ACN 065 420 046)
FOX SPORTS StreamCo Pty Limited (ACN 616 999 243)
Data collection statement